After I turned 30 I started to noticed some differences in my experience of life. Here are some of those differences:
1. I began drinking red wine, making red wine and visiting vineyards throughout different regions.
2. The black jube-jubes that only my dad would eat started to become quite enjoyable.
3. I now have indoor shoes to mill about the house in.
4. I only drink beer from a frosted glass. If I’m served beer at a pub in a glass they just pulled from the hot dishwasher, I send it back. Life’s too short for beer in hot wet glasses.
5. Women in their late 40′s became hotter and girls in their early 20′s became my some of my friend’s daughters.
6. I became painfully aware that I had frittered away my 20′s with drugs and ambitions that were totally out of reach (probably due to the drugs).
7. I started golfing on actual golf courses. Ones that didn’t have giant windmills and giant clown heads.
8. One day I spontaneously exclaimed “kids these days!” in an old grumpy guy voice.
9. Two words: Back hair. WTF?
10. Periodically, I can be seen in the “prostate health” section of the nutrition store. Thanks fear based media propaganda!
11. I absolutely care less and less and less each day what anyone thinks of what I say or do.
12. I have an entire group of friends that I rarely see because they are in bed by 9pm.
13. I notice things that change with age and blog about them.