It’s been over a month since my last post and I really miss doing this. So I’ve made a commitment again as this seems to be the only way that I have consistency in my life. Otherwise, I flounder about in the chaotic wisps of impulse contrasted with idleness. So my commitment is to do one blog post per week…
For a week.
Kidding. I’m committing to one per week with a concession that if I cannot for some reason that I won’t shit all over my self emotionally. That being said, here is some random thoughts that I’ve thoroughly planned out and organized thus making them anything but random…
151. Fatherhood has changed me so much. I’m much more mature now and I pronounce it ‘matour’ as to add a level of sophistication. That being said…
152. I think that a great restaurant name would be “URANUS” and the tag line could be “a fine place to dine”. I’d get someone else to run it as I wouldn’t want to be around the clientele that would come to eat at URANUS.
153. This, I feel is more appropriate than the Klu Klux Klam seafood bar that serves white fish with burnt cross buns.
154. I woke up thinking a simple thought. If every capable human being on Earth right now would plant just three trees per year, we would potentially solve any de-forestation issues. Perhaps this is an over-simplistic idea but seems doable. I will start this summer.
155. Usury was once illegal. The price tag on the house I bought was $67, 000. Not a bad deal considering what idiocy has happened in the market to date. I didn’t have the cash on hand so I had to mortgage the property. For 10 years, I paid $720 per month for almost 8 years which adds up to $69,120. The current outstanding balance is about $49,000. I’m pretty sure that usury should still be illegal because that is a shitty deal if you’re not the bank.
operator:”911 what’s your emergency?”
caller: “help a bunch of people have been and are being raped!!!”
operator: “sir, how can a bunch of people be simultaneously raped?”
caller: “it’s the bankers and tax people!!! Please help!!”
operator: “sir, I’m sorry, I cannot help you because that kind of raped isn’t against the law and I have to go…
caller: “what? why do you have to go?”
operator: “because I’m being raped too.”
156. My new hobby is complaining to companies about their products. Receiving vouchers for free products on a weekly basis is fun and encourages me to continue this hobby. I tried once to just compliment a company and the response I got was “thanks”. So much for that approach.