100. We call them our “pets”. We call ourselves “owners or masters”. We tell them to sit for food and they seem to obey. But as observed from above, human beings are pulled behind on leashes while picking up poop and driving to the store to get them food. So who is the master again?
101. There is only one dimension. It just happens to be multi-dimensional.
102. If there were five people in a room watching T.V. and we suddenly remove the concept of T.V. we would see five people sitting in silence while staring at a wall avoiding one another.
103. I am just a moment.
104. Weeds grow in the soil of regret when we do not tend to our dreams.
105. You will never see a used coffin salesman.
106. There are no flaws in Truth. Only flaws in our ideas about Truth.
107. Secret societies have become so popular these days. I now know that the best way to market something is to call it a secret. Perhaps I should have called my poetry book “secret poems”.
108. Yuor bairn is albe to udnertsnad tihs snetence eevn tghouh olny the frist and lsat ltetres of ecah wrod are crreoct.
109. Thought is both generative and derivative. We get to direct the current. The truth in natural law is that the positive always drives the show. Think about the atom. The proton is coupled with the neutron while the electron whirls about creating the appearance of phenomena. The power of the positive nature is that it moves forward regardless. Negativity is dust in the wind.
110. Everyone is retarded in light of their own potential.
This is an art piece that I commissioned an artist named Rusty here in the city to do:
Years ago I woke up laughing from a dream I had in which someone was wearing this shirt. I had never thought of the Flintstones as gay couples before that night. I must have had ingested some hot peppers earlier or something. I have no idea why my brain does what it does but nevertheless, I had the template made.
I’m undecided if I’ll actually make shirts to sell because of copyright laws but I am within my right to post it because it falls under ‘fair use’ in copyright law.
This brings up an interesting point from an artist or intellectual property perspective. Intellectual property rights are typically about commercial control. Art is about art. I understand that if you are profiting from an image or song then you want to control those assets for as long as possible.
From a growth perspective however, it makes way more sense to set your idea free in order for it to evolve, be remixed or replaced as necessary. Otherwise we end up an eternal Pepsi generation that knows nothing other than mainstream force-fed shit.
After writing all of that, I think that I will make a small run of these shirts just to break that law and sell them for the pride parades. I think that gay people would eat that shit up (no pun intended).
I would not however do this to an up and coming artist. What I mean is that I would not steal a new work, stamp it as mine and sell it but I do believe in copyright limits. After a certain number of years circulating in the commons an image or song should become public domain. Popular images already have a good portion of mind-share and we could become so much more if we were facilitated in variety.
That’s the way I see it though but I do not control millions of dollars in intellectual property so take it for what it is and have a gay old time.
Personally, I think that Gazoo frightened them into each others arms but that is a different story altogether.
This picture was in my inbox yesterday and I felt proud.
This was a commission piece that I did a few months back and this was the first time I saw it on the wall with furniture.
Pride is an interesting thing. It’s not a bad emotion. I don’t feel pride in the sense that I am above anything. I feel pride in the form of confidence knowing that when I set out to do something… I can and will. Pride is not settling for less than satisfactory. Life is meant to be great.
We all struggle and we all have victories. This was a victory.
If you are interested in original commissioned work then email me: email@example.com
New Year. New painting.
This one is called ‘Diffuse’. Art is an outpouring of our inner process. I have said before that this process has zero to do with paint on canvass. As a Human Being, by default; you are an artist.
Each day we create with words, thoughts, intentions and actions. We can never really control life or prevent bad things from occurring but we can change perception and what we do with the given circumstance. For better or worse, we are here to create. Life is our medium.
This was a commissioned piece. The only parameters set by the client were the sizes of the canvasses. The grey-blues are the color of his condo walls. Initially, I just sat with him and listened as he talked about his life. People are amazing and inspiring. We all have our own story to tell and there is tremendous value is allowing someone to voice it.
This experience was great because I did not previously know this person and left the dialog feeling like I knew exactly what to do to in order to capture that essence. His words as I left were “you’re the artist man, just do your thing”. I love that.
The Gift of Space allows us to experience ourselves as we are AND as we are not. At times we require those moments of forgetting who we are in order to really, deeply remember our truth. All the while, that truth just sits patiently, with grace until we come home.
Oriri is the origin of the word ‘orient’. It means ‘to rise’.
I was going to include a joke about what they say when Bobby O’leary goes to Japan but that would be in bad taste.
The Samurai, after a grueling practice would fall to his knees before a blank canvass and the perfect outflowing embodiment of that practice would appear in an instant on the canvass.
I entitled this piece ‘Oriri’ because this was one of those moments. I’m not a Samurai, but I can push myself to a limit and allow transcendence followed by the expression. This painting took me less than 3 minutes to complete. It is the embodiment of our inner struggle between our past self-image and our future one. We must overcome these limits to rise.
Some say that the return of quetzalcoatl (winged serpent) will bring about a great change on Earth. Quetzalcoatl was seen by the Mayans as the bringer of culture and his return is scheduled for approximately December 21, 2012.
A lot of people believe that this is the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning. I’m still making plans for 2013 and beyond however. 2012 also marks the year of the dragon for the Chinese zodiac.
What does it all mean???
It means that this painting happened spontaneously, reminded me of a dragon and then I tried to make some stuff up about its meaning.
Such is art I suppose.
In the depths, we find life.
The snow and ice cover.
Tempo and cadence.
Dancing in the Depth.