My new working situation is proving quite interesting. We sit in academics with students and work in unison with them. One of today’s tasks was to read two “life lesson” stories and then write down five pieces of wisdom that you would pass on to those after you. I began wondering if I was actually one of the students because these assignments seem relevant to everyone. Life is school, no?
By February 16th of 2011 there were more than 156 million public blogs on the internet. I’m not expecting to change the world. This blog has been a lesson in self-discipline. I could have called it http://www.mytwocents.com but some ass-wipe had already turned that awesome domain name into yet another useless portal site that does nothing but take up space while holding a great name hostage. Uncreative assholes do that. That is not bitterness, that is fact. If you are one of those people then shame on you. You are better than that!!!
Here are the five gems that I leave behind for anyone stumbling upon this blog.
1. Love, above all, is the most important.
2. Always make communication a priority.
3. Focus on one thing. Too many directions will divide your power and nothing will happen. Coffee and drugs may make it seem like you are doing something but all you are really doing is coffee and drugs.
4. Surround yourself with people smarter than you. People who uplift you, rather than drag you down.
5. Life is change, so make growth your aim. The world’s job is adversarial in nature, so stand up to the challenge and overcome it. Greater things await you on the other side.