Morphogen is a collaboration between my friend Reid and I. I created the music. Reid added the visuals. We called it Morphogen.
You can read more Reid at http://www.readreidread.com
Here is the link to the audio/video collaboration:
We called it Morphogen.
The one thing that I love more than individual creativity is when someone adds to that individual creativity through spontaneous collaboration. Collaboration in and of itself can be a pain in the ass but, when one artist is inspired to enhance the work of another and just does it without having to painstakingly consult with the other…
well this is what the creative commons is all about:)
You can read more Reid at http://www.readreidread.com
Years ago I had a strange vision during alpha state. That is what I call the moment right before we fall asleep and this state can bring about some interesting occurrences.
In this particular case, I was a fly caught in a spider’s web. The more I struggled to get out, the more entangled I became. I saw the spider crawl out of the web hole rushing toward me, twisting me in a silky substance, spinning and spinning until I could no longer move. I stopped struggling.
And then I felt it.
It was like a large sharpened steel needle piercing the top of my head and shooting down my spine electrifying me. Suddenly, I felt my consciousness liquefy as I was drained out into the body of the thirsty spider.
It was black and quiet for a moment.
I felt satisfied as I retreated back to my web hole.
What do I gather that experience was about? I’m not entirely sure but it made me look at life cycles in a new way. I used to think that predator and prey were opposites. I suppose the appearance of separate bodies lends to that illusion but life is life and all life is one life.
The predator and the prey are one. Sustenance and challenge is what they offer one another.
100. We call them our “pets”. We call ourselves “owners or masters”. We tell them to sit for food and they seem to obey. But as observed from above, human beings are pulled behind on leashes while picking up poop and driving to the store to get them food. So who is the master again?
101. There is only one dimension. It just happens to be multi-dimensional.
102. If there were five people in a room watching T.V. and we suddenly remove the concept of T.V. we would see five people sitting in silence while staring at a wall avoiding one another.
103. I am just a moment.
104. Weeds grow in the soil of regret when we do not tend to our dreams.
105. You will never see a used coffin salesman.
106. There are no flaws in Truth. Only flaws in our ideas about Truth.
107. Secret societies have become so popular these days. I now know that the best way to market something is to call it a secret. Perhaps I should have called my poetry book “secret poems”.
108. Yuor bairn is albe to udnertsnad tihs snetence eevn tghouh olny the frist and lsat ltetres of ecah wrod are crreoct.
109. Thought is both generative and derivative. We get to direct the current. The truth in natural law is that the positive always drives the show. Think about the atom. The proton is coupled with the neutron while the electron whirls about creating the appearance of phenomena. The power of the positive nature is that it moves forward regardless. Negativity is dust in the wind.
110. Everyone is retarded in light of their own potential.
This is a special day. This is my post 300 which means that I can pull ideas out of my ass for 300 days successfully. It also means that I am almost at the end of this year-long challenge. When I have completed this body of work, I will be taking a month off in order to assess what to do next.
I have a request…
If you enjoy something specific that I write about or present as a subscriber could you please drop me an email letting me know so that I have your input as I mull things over during that month off?
My email is: email@example.com
Part of the fun of this challenge is that it affirms that every day is a blank piece of paper to create on. That and overcoming the urge to quit or become distracted with shiny things as someone like myself with A.D.D. tends to do. Thank you again for reading and I look forward to hearing from you.
Again I find myself sitting here staring down the barrel of a blank page with no inspiration to write anything. ”It has to be real and from the heart” my brain echos to itself. I’ve looked up “blog topics” on the internet and have two articles in the draft folder that I currently think are shit. What to do?
I’m taking my own advice. Just start writing. Don’t wait for some magic moment. GO!!!! So here I am writing about not being able to write. I have always believed these posts to be some of the best because they are honest. Not that my other posts are not but, there is something very honest about admitting that I get stuck and stumble. We’re human after all. What a strange sentiment; “I’m only human and I make mistakes”. It’s like we have this built-in mechanism that establishes our rank to a God of perfection. I wonder if animals every say “I’m only animal and I fling feces at others”? What an interesting experience we humans are in. Between Gods and Beasts.
What was I saying? Oh yeah… I don’t have anything to write about.
Maybe it’s the pressure of the final stretch. I’m just shy of 300 posts for my post a day for a year challenge and I’m starting to think in terms of quantity. That’s a bad move because it shuts down my creativity and establishes my mental accountant. Bean counters shouldn’t run the creative department. I admit that I thought “oh, only 69 posts left til 365. If I do 7 posts a day for the next 10 days and program them, I will be finished.” How lame is that? Definitely NOT inspiring. That’s a production line.
I do believe that when it comes to creativity we have the ability to shut ourselves down. ”I’m not a creative person”, “I can’t write”, “I’m going to get it over with by treating my creativity like a production line” are phrases that I have heard and the last one is what I thought. After reading this, I’m reminded that this is us being creative. By saying “I’m not creative” we are using our creativity to create and enforce that circumstance in our life.
I entitled this post “blocked” because that is how I felt today. Then I remembered my rule…
Just write. Just paint. Just start.
… because the walls are not real. They are perceived.
You cannot catch your dreams if you are afraid to go for it.
And if you are going to go for it then you better give it your all regardless of any perceive obstacles.